Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Make Over

‘I WANT A SUMMER LOOK ALL YEAR ROUND’

Tamlyn Stombeck, 27, architectural technician
The dilemma
'Since moving to the UK from South Africa 18 months ago,' says 'Tamlyn, 'my blonde hair looks duller and I've lost the healthy glow I had from continually being outdoors. I want to get a golden summer look no matter what the weather!'


The make-up
'I've used a foundation that's about two shades darker than Tamlyn's skin tone,' says make-up artist Tanya Lodge, `to give her more colour.' Then Tanya used a warm bronzy, orange blusher on Tamlyn's cheeks and over her eyelids. 'The key to a sunkissed look,' says Tanya, 'is to keep everything unified. Concentrate on areas that naturally catch the sun and find a great bronzer or blusher you can use for eyes, lips and cheeks.' To brighten up Tamlyn's lips, Tanya used a warm pink lipgloss.

The hair
Tamlyn had tried colouring her hair at home, which resulted in different shades of blonde, so Tej Sami, hair colourist at Daniel Galvin, recommended that she have some highlights to even it out. 'I've put some lighter blonde pieces around Tamlyn's hairline to frame her face,' says Tej, 'and broke up the rest using a couple of light blonde colours to keep it looking natural.' Tamlyn's hair was already in great condition, but needed a little more shape, so hairstylist Chris Benoit at Daniel Galvin cut some blunt layers through the front to frame her face and add texture.

The verdict
'I'm really happy with my hair,' says Tamlyn. 'It looks so natural. The cut has given it much more body and I like the layers around my face. I love the make-up, too — it'll be easy to do at home and I feel much more bronzed looking.'

No comments:

Post a Comment