Thursday, October 7, 2010

Make Under

‘I NEED A LOW-MAINTENANCE LOOK THAT’S STILL PROFESSIONAL’

Joanna King, 40, nursery-school owner
The dilemma
'I grew my hair all one length for my wedding a few months ago,' says Joanna, 'but now I feel it looks too severe for my face. It's also naturally curly, but I blow-dry it straight every day, which takes me about half an hour (or I have to spend lots of money having it done in the salon). My hair has to be long enough to put up for work, but I need a look that isn't such high maintenance.'


The hair
'Joanna's hair was all one length,' says Chris, 'so I trimmed about 2in off and graduated the bottom to give her style more body and help it sit better I've put some longer layers through it to break it up a little, so it won't look too heavy. This is a versatile cut Joanna can wear straight or curly depending on how much time she has.'

The make-up
'To keep Joanna's make-up routine simple, I used a sheer tinted moisturiser as a base,' says Tanya. 'I also chose a soft grey eyeshadow, which looks great with her big blue eyes.' Then Tanya applied some grey eyeliner, blending it all the way along her top lashes, before curling them and brushing on some black mascara. 'I've also used an eyebrow pencil on the inner corners of Joanna's eyebrows,' says Tanya. 'This fills them in and gives them a more defined shape. I then applied a warm blusher to bring out her great cheekbones.' Joanna normally wears quite pale, natural lipsticks, so to give her a bit of colour, Tanya finished off her look with a rosy pink lip colour and a clear gloss for added shine.

The verdict
'I absolutely love my hair!' says Joanna. 'I haven't had curls for two years and my husband has never seen my naturally curly hair. It's going to take a while to get used to after having it straight for so long, but I love the length and it'll be much more manageable now. I really like the make-up, too. I'd normally wear brown or more neutral shades, but I really like the grey - I'd never have used it myself.'

No comments:

Post a Comment